One of my favorite songs of the past few years is “Orphans of God.” There is such beauty in these words …
There are no strangers
There are no outcasts
There are orphans of God.
So many fallen
There are no orphans of God.
Today is Orphan Sunday. While we know there are no orphans of God, no child without a Father in His kingdom, we also know there are an estimated 153 million orphans around the world. 153 million.
What can we do? The numbers overwhelm. The finances seriously overwhelm. The need leaves us weak-kneed and wondering how what little we can offer can ever be enough.
Here’s what I know …
- when you sponsor a child through World Vision or Compassion International, you impact the lives of orphans.
- when you buy a bbq dinner or make a donation to family preparing to adopt, you impact the lives of orphans.
- when you host a party to cut out shoes, you impact the lives of orphans.
- when you buy a goat or chickens through Samaritan’s Purse, you impact the lives of orphans.
- when you give clothes to the children’s homes in your state, you impact the lives of orphans.
- when you understand and get involved in human trafficking awareness, you impact the lives of orphans.
The ways to make a difference are endless. The question isn’t how … the question is,
Will you learn more about this topic?
Will you tell others what you learn?
Will you do something, no matter how small it seems to you, to impact the lives of the orphans?