Leviticus has become one of the books I most enjoy studying and reading since I did B90Days last year. I found myself fascinated by the many sacrifices and rituals necessary for restored relationship with God … and so thankful for the grace that now covers our sins and offers us wholeness through Christ.
Last week, as I read through Leviticus again for B90Days, I noticed a phrase that I followed: “an aroma pleasing to the Lord.”
Time and again the sacrifices produced this pleasing aroma.
And, though I know we are not “supposed” to leap ahead while we follow the B90Days plan, I have to confess I did … right to this verse:
Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered Himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. Ephesians 5:2 NLT
I love how all of Scripture … from start to finish points us to Christ, the Beginning and End.
Today, I’m blending my B90Days recap with my continued counting as I contemplate the beautiful gifts in my life:
- family movie night
- unexpected days out of school
- new insights into favorite Scriptures
- Daddy – daughter date nights
- an evening alone
- phone calls to catch up with dear friends
- encouraging others who are doing B90Days
- hearing how Scripture Dig has been a blessing
- praying for my brother
- finding the perfect gift for my soon-to-be 11 year-old’s birthday
- puppy antics
- comfort foods
- family game night