It’s been happening a lot lately. I lie down, exhausted, and find myself unable to rest.
My mind plays over and again the failures of the day just passed:
- Didn’t fix breakfast for the girl before school
- Watched “Grey’s Anatomy” instead of cleaning the kitchen
- Rewashed the clothes in the washer because they had sat there four days and smelled bad
- Got a shower just in time to pick up the girls from school
- Had no plan for supper
- Fussed at the girl for her messy room – while mine looked even worse
and so on …
We’ve been in the midst of some stress lately. The kind of stress you can’t do anything about because it’s not really your “stuff” but still it seeps into your life and wreaks havoc on your sleeping, eating, be polite patterns. Anyone else familiar with that sort of stress?
I’ve sort of felt like my iPhone looks …
Shattered. Broken. Yeah, it all still works but it doesn’t look good.
Some days you just want a do over.
And then you read a post like this one that reminds you that you are the mother God chose for your child. And another one written by a friend who also knows the frustration of no words and has found the answer in stillness.
And you get a tweet from a sweet encourager who reminds of those new mercies every morning.
There are no do overs, I suppose … but there are new beginnings.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22 – 23