10 THINGS YOUR PASTOR’S WIFE WANTS YOU TO KNOW
Just some things I thought you might want to know …
- Your pastor is just a man. He will fail. He will make some bad choices. He will look back and see how he could have done things differently.
- He’s her man. So when you talk about him and his failings and shortcomings, it hurts her. Not because she thinks he’s perfect but because she loves him and knows how much it hurts him to know that he doesn’t always shepherd well.
- Her kids vacillate between really awesome and really annoying – just like yours. So, if you would, when they are really annoying, could you give her a hug and refrain from pointing out just how annoying they are?
- She’s not perfect. Not even close. And every time you or anyone else comments about how together she is or how she does so much, it doesn’t make her feel better … it makes her tired.
- She doesn’t have all the answers. Truthfully, on any given day, she may not have ANY answers. Because she asks the same questions you do about why things happen and how to deal with them.
- Your hugs and cards and words of encouragement really are golden apples in her life. (Proverbs 25:11)
- When you tell her husband what a great job he’s doing, you make her day!
- Every time you keep the nursery, bake a cake for a sick family, and introduce yourself to a visitor, you are a reminder to her that she’s not alone in serving others. (Because sometimes she can get into a big pity party and think she is all by herself.)
- She’s approachable! Ask her to go shopping or out to lunch, invite her to join you at the pool, just reach out to her.
- She’s just a girl … just like you.