I have long been a fan of the ministry of She Reads Truth. In fact, this morning, I went ahead and subscribed to their app so I could have access to all their reading plans.
When the She Reads Truth Bible was released, I eagerly bought a copy. But, I didn’t love it. It was presented as a study Bible and I found it woefully lacking. When your library includes the ESV and CSB Study Bibles among many others, the SRT Bible really had nothing new or unique to offer.
I used it, however, for almost a year both for my quiet time reading and as my church Bible. When the (in)courage Devotional Bible released, I received one from DaySpring (as I was a contributor) and began using it instead. Currently I use a basic CSB Bible with cross-references and footnotes for church.
So, all that to say, I’m pretty picky about Bibles in general and study Bibles in particular. I was interested in seeing if the He Reads Truth Bible was as resource-light as the She Reads Truth one.
To my delight, it definitely is not!! In fact, I wish the She Reads Truth Bible had the resources included in it’s male-focused counterpart.
For comparison, here are the resources contained in the each Bible:
She Reads Truth
- 23 Maps
- 12 Charts
- 35 Timelines
- 189 Devotionals
He Reads Truth Bible
- 72 Charts
- 3 Illustrations
- 15 Infographics
- 30 Lists
- 21 Maps
- 17 Timelines
- 66 Outlines of each book.
Please note that some of the resource information contained in the SRT Bible may be adapted to a different format for the HRT edition. Nonetheless, excluding the devotionals, the HRT Bible has over 100 more pieces of study material than the SRT Bible.
Both Bibles contain:
- Genre indications for each book (with explanations for each genre included in resource material listed above)
- Key verses for each book as well as art of said verse. Some of the verses are the same in both Bibles, some are not.
- Introductions to each book including cultural context, message & purpose, and biblical significance.
- Each Bible provides a reading plan for each book. (The supplementary material for the SRT Bible here are the devotionals. For the HRT, outlines of each book are provided.
- Both editions contain general margins to enable note taking, explanation of the translation method for the CSB (Christian Standard Bible), support material for how to read the Bible, and a thorough explanation of the Gospel.
If I were recommending an easy-to-use and understand Bible for a man who wasn’t looking for one as in-depth as the CSB Study Bible or as laser-focused as the Systematic Theology Bible, I would definitely suggest the He Reads Truth Bible.
In fact, when I was offered this Bible to review, my intention was to review and give to my husband for Father’s Day. But after looking through it and using it for even just a few days, I really want to keep it because it is a great resource for anyone’s library. 🙂
This Bible is currently 30% off at LifeWay.com. The green cloth over board edition is less than $30 which is a fantastic price.
EDITED: Giveaway has ended.
And I am honored to partner with LifeWay and Level 3 Media to give away one copy of the He Reads Truth Bible! Entering is super easy — just leave a comment on this post sharing what man in your life you would like to give this Bible to!
Easy peasy, right??
Seriously, friends, this is a very good study Bible and I love the CSB translation because it is both a solid translation and easy to read and understand.
What are you waiting for? Leave a comment today!
This giveaway will end Friday, June 21, at midnight CDT. Winner will be notified by email and Bible will be shipped directly to winner.